Interested in learning Sustainable Development Goals? This free online course from the Erasmus University Rotterdam is for you.
Course description – Driving business towards the Sustainable Development Goals
Extreme weather events, wars, famine and environmental destruction are just a few of the wicked problems faced by humanity. That’s why in 2015 the United Nations adopted the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. This agenda includes 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) that target the big challenges such as how to eliminate poverty, how to protect the environment and how to bring about peace. Every member state committed to achieving these goals by 2030. This course has been developed by Rotterdam School of Management at Erasmus University (RSM). It focuses on the role of businesses in achieving the SDGs. You will gain insights from leaders of international companies and academics in business and management who will guide you through the issue of how businesses can contribute to the SDGs.
After completing this free online course you will:
- Know what the SDGs are, why they are important and how each individual can be an agent for positive change in the world
- Develop a positive, critical, aware and courageous attitude towards the SDGs
- Be able to identify interconnectedness of the SDGs and the challenges behind solving them
- Understand the role of business in the transition to sustainable development to create a prosperous future for all
Upon completion of this MOOC you can request the Positive Change Ambassador badge, to share with others the importance of the SDGs and the story of positive change.
- Introduction to the Sustainable Development Goals
- The Biosphere
- Society I
- Society II
- Systems thinking
Course Details: Driving business towards the Sustainable Development Goals