Learn how to find and attract investors with this free certificate course from the U.S. Small Business Administration.
USBA’s Finding and attracting investors course description
This self-paced training exercise provides an introduction to finding and attracting investors. Topics include determining the need for outside financing, defining what an investor is and where to find them, explaining the investment process, and understanding investor expectations.
SBA’s Office of Entrepreneurship Education provides this self-paced training exercise as an introduction to finding the right investors and an introduction to how investors affect your business. You will find this course easy to follow and the subject matter indexed for quick reference and easy access. It will take about 30 minutes to complete the course. Additional time will be needed to review included resource materials and to complete the suggested next steps at the end of the course.
The course has four key objectives:
- Explain why a small business may need outside financing
- Identify three types of investors and their investment requirements
- List three benefits of securing capital from an investor
- List the typical steps in the process of finding investors
This course will cover five topics. These topics will illustrate how locating and attracting investors can improve your business’ success:
- When is outside financing necessary?
- What is an investor?
- Where can you find investors?
- What is the investment process?
- What are investor expectations?
Course Details: Finding and attracting investors