GDPR Data Protection Officer (DPO) Skills
This free short GDPR Data Protection Officer (DPO) Skills online course offers a basic, practical understanding of the law, policy, and practice of GDPR.
Interested in learning GDPR? This free online course with internationally recognised certificate from the University of Derby is the best place to start.
Course description – GDPR Data Protection Officer (DPO) Skills
The European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR) is the global gold standard in the protection and management of data. This free short GDPR Data Protection Officer (DPO) Skills online course offers a basic, practical understanding of the law, policy, and practice of GDPR. The course consists of three units, concerning the legal, behavioural, and technical aspects of data protection.
Who is this course for?
Though this course is open to anyone who wants to better understand the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR), it is ideally suited to those in a variety of job roles including:
- Data Protection Officers (DPOs) in large organisations in the EU
- Those who handle and manage data in small organisations in the EU, but are not formally required to have DPOs
- Those outside the EU who are interested in acquiring knowledge of data protection, particularly in jurisdictions that have recently developed – or are in the process of developing – data protection regulations
This course will help you to understand:
- the fundamentals of the GDPR
- the role of DPOs
- the handling, management, and protection of personal data
- the legal aspects of GDPR
- the behavioural issues in data protection
- the technical aspects of handling personal data
Structure, certificates and assessment
This MOOC is a great way to understand more about GDPR, however it does not hold any credits and can not be used as a top-up for your University credits.
Throughout the learning process you will be awarded a Digital Open Badge for completing each unit. These are internationally recognised by many employers and educational institutions and will allow you to display your study achievements, even if you only wish to complete a specific unit.
Upon finishing the course, you will be issued an E-Certificate featuring all earned badges and stating that you have completed the full course, so that you can add it to your CV or education portfolio.
If you’re interested in exploring what else University of Derby Online Learning has to offer, browse our online courses.