Learn Containers, Kubernetes and OpenShift and practice hands-on in the cloud with free online course from IBM.
Containers, Kubernetes and OpenShift course description
Containers and Cloud Native are the most significant invention in IT since the introduction of virtualization. Everyone from a small startup to a large multinational corporation is transitioning to this technology and they are looking for people who have the skills.
After completing this course, you will be able to build applications the Cloud Native way and be able to deploy your applications at a scale that will make Google envious.
This course introduces you to containers and explains how containers differ from virtual machines. It also covers the importance of containers in cloud computing as well as the emerging ecosystem of related technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, and Istio.
This course is of interest to anyone who wants to be a cloud practitioner and use container skills as developers, architects, system engineers, network specialists and many other roles. The material also serves the needs of those who perform the tasks of advising, building, moving and managing cloud solutions.
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Understand the benefits of containers
- Build and run a container image
- Understand Kubernetes architecture
- Write a YAML deployment file
- Expose deployment as a service
- Manage applications with Kubernetes
- Use ReplicaSets, auto-scaling, rolling updates and service bindings
- Understand the benefits of OpenShift, Istio and other important tools
Course Details: Introduction to Containers, Kubernetes and OpenShift