Interested in learning Android app development? This free Kotlin Bootcamp for Programmers from Google is for you.
Google’s Kotlin Bootcamp for Programmers description
In the Kotlin Bootcamp for Programmers course, you learn the basics of Kotlin as you create various small programs in IntelliJ IDEA. The course materials include course codelabs with suggested homework assignments.
You’ll get the most value out of this course if you work through the lessons in sequence, but it’s not a requirement. Depending on your knowledge, you may be able to skim some sections.
This course is geared towards programmers who know an object-oriented language such as Java or C++. If you’re familiar with C#, some of the features of Kotlin will be familiar.
- How to work with the Kotlin REPL (Read-Eval-Print Loop).
- Kotlin data types, operators, and variables, booleans and conditions.
- Create a program with a main() function and arguments in IntelliJ IDEA.
- Classes, objects, and inheritance in Kotlin.
- Collections, constants, and extension functions in Kotlin.
- Generic classes, methods, and functions in Kotlin.
- Annotations, labeled breaks, and Single Abstract Methods (SAMs).
Course Details: Kotlin Bootcamp for Programmers