NDG Linux Essentials is an introduction to Linux as an operating system, basic open source concepts and the basics of the Linux command line. Content developed by experts, a Linux virtual machine and step-by-step labs give you hands-on access to practice
Do you want to learn linux or are you preparing the LPI certification? This complete and free online course from Cisco is for you.
Course description – NDG Linux Essentials
Nearly every IT job requires some Linux knowledge. Become in-demand across a variety of IT professions by expanding upon your Linux skills. Even with dramatic advances in technology, Linux remains the back-end operating system used by global titans such as Facebook, Google, Microsoft, NASA, Tesla, Amazon and more. Looking for a future proof technical skill? It’s hard to go wrong with Linux.
NDG Linux Essentials is an introduction to Linux as an operating system, basic open source concepts and the basics of the Linux command line. Content developed by experts, a Linux virtual machine and step-by-step labs give you hands-on access to practice Linux command line concepts.With no previous knowledge required, this course is the perfect starting point to gain Linux skills.
This course bridges the gap between beginner and intermediate skills by offering students hands-on, step-by-step practical lab activities. Graduates walk away with a firm grasp of the foundational concepts needed to succeed in a Linux career.
- This course prepares students for the LPI Linux Essentials Professional Development Certificate
- 100% online, self-paced and free
- No previous experience required
- Certificate of completion awarded at end of course
You’ll learn these core skills
- Acquire open source concepts and progressively master Linux commands.
- Understand how Linux is used and the basics of its command line.
- Expand upon your basic knowledge of Linux
- Perform hands-on lab activities using a Linux virtual machine (provided free)