You have a great product or service, but who are your customers and how can you reach them? This free online course will give you an overview of how to identify your customer and how to market to them.
You have a great product or service, but who are your customers and how can you reach them? This free online course from SBA will give you an overview of how to identify your customer and how to market to them.
SBA’s Market Research course description
Produced by the SBA’s Office of Entrepreneurship Education, this self-paced course provides an introduction to market research and how it impacts your business. The subject matter is indexed for quick reference and easy access.
It will take about 30 minutes to complete the course. Additional time may be needed to review included resource materials and to complete the “Next Steps” suggested at the end of the course. Audio is used throughout the training, so please adjust your speaker volume accordingly. A transcript and keyboard shortcuts are available to assist further with user accessibility.
When you complete the course, you will have the option of receiving a course completion confirmation from the SBA.
The course has eight key objectives:
- Define market research.
- Describe the benefits of market research.
- Outline the difference between market research and marketing research.
- Explain the purpose of market research questions.
- Describe the two main types of market research.
- Describe the steps to collect data in market research.
- Describe the different methods of data analysis.
- Identify the common mistakes to avoid in market research.