MATLAB and Octave for Beginners
Learn MATLAB and Octave and start experimenting with matrix manipulations, data visualizations, functions and mathematical computations.
Interested in experimenting with matrix manipulations, data visualizations, functions and mathematical computations? Do you want to learn MATLAB and Octave for free. This MOOC is the best place to start.
MATLAB and Octave for Beginners: Course description
Take an exciting crash course in MATLAB and Octave programming. Both languages allow users to experiment with advanced mathematical functions and produce exciting matrix visualizations.
In this hands-on, self-paced introductory course, students will learn step by step how to use these mathematical tools to write functions, calculate vectors and matrices and plot graphical representations of results. Explore ways to organize your work using scripts and functions to improve productivity.
In this course, you will learn to:
- use and to write scripts and functions using MATLAB and Octave
- work with vectors and matrices
- handle data files
- plot graphics and save them in pdf and jpg formats
- write interactive programs
No background in programming needed. However, the following background in math concepts are necessary:
- functions of a variable
- graph of a function
- (optionally) function of two variables
- vector and matrix manipulation
- manipulation de vecteurs et matrices