Procurement and Logistics Certificate
In partnership with Mercy Corps, DisasterReady developed a no-cost certificate program comprised of online courses, interactive scenarios, and a test covering best practices of procurement, warehousing, fleet management, and asset management.
Gain job-ready skills and earn a free verified certificate with free online Procurement and Logistics course from Mercy Corps and DisasterReady.
This certificate program is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT (UK)). CILT is the pre-eminent independent professional body for individuals associated with logistics, supply chain and all transport throughout their careers.
Procurement and Logistics Certificate program description
In this 5-hour assessment-based certificate program, comprised of online courses, interactive scenarios and a test, you will learn best practices in how to implement effective procurement and logistics for relief and development operations. Successful completion of the courses and passing a sixty-question test earns you a Certificate issued by Mercy Corps and DisasterReady and a digital badge recognizing you have accomplished the learning outcomes for this program.
Mercy Corps and DisasterReady designed this program for professionals at any level with up to one-year experience in one of the four areas of procurement, warehousing, fleet management, or asset management, and/or in the humanitarian sector.
In this free Procurement and Logistics Certificate program, you’ll learn:
Procurement course and scenario
- Describe and apply the principles of good procurement practice.
- Describe roles, responsibilities, and segregation of duties requirement in procurement.
- Explain the various stages in procurement process effectively.
- Describe all phases of a procurement plan.
Warehousing course and scenario
- Develop planning for warehouse, storage and space.
- Design and implement a basic stock control system.
- Describe the different steps in warehouse management.
- Explain how to manage inventory and the disposal of stocks.
Fleet Management course
- Identify different procurement options for vehicles.
- Determine how to improve fleet management within your organization.
- Describe the equipment and documentation requirements for effective fleet management.
- Describe basic travel safety guidelines, managing event of an accident or damage to a fleet.
Asset Management course
- Describe and apply the principles of asset management.
- Develop and use an Asset Register.
- Express how to manage the issue, return of assets, and the physical asset verification process.
- Describe how to manage the disposal of assets according to donor and organizational guidelines.