Do you want to learn Programming? This free online course Programming for Everybody (Getting Started with Python) from the University of Michigan is the best place to start.
Course description – Programming for Everybody (Getting Started with Python)
This course aims to teach everyone the basics of programming computers using Python. We cover the basics of how one constructs a program from a series of simple instructions in Python. The course has no pre-requisites and avoids all but the simplest mathematics.
Anyone with moderate computer experience should be able to master the materials in this course. This course will cover Chapters 1-5 of the textbook “Python for Everybody”. Once a student completes this course, they will be ready to take more advanced programming courses. This course covers Python 3.
What you’ll learn
- Install Python and write your first program
- Describe the basics of the Python programming language
- Use variables to store, retrieve and calculate information
- Utilize core programming tools such as functions and loops
- Why we program?
- Installing and using Python
- Why we program (continued)
- Variables and expressions
- Conditional code
- Loops and iteration
Course Details: Programming for Everybody (Getting Started with Python)