Do you want your child to learn how to code? This free online course from TU Delft is what you need.
Programming for Kids Course description
Programming continues to be a an important skill in the modern world. Childhood is a great time start learning programming and to develop computational thinking creativity, and problem- solving skills!
This MOOC teaches programming in Scratch through fun videos which explains programming in an inspiring and clear way. These are accompanied with assignments which let kids to practice programming and create programs they will like to use themselves!
On a weekly basis, we will be creating a game: a maze, an aquarium, a Flappy Bird Game and a Super Mario look-a-like. Every week, new programming blocks are taught and together we’re working on ways to improve your written code.
This course is an English version of a course that was used in primary schools in The Netherlands with great success. The material follows the educational curriculum for programming in primary education of The Netherlands.
Do you want to participate with more children? Create a personal account for every child or pupil in order for them to work at their own pace. Once they have fulfilled the entire course and were upgraded to the ID Verified track, a Scratch diploma with their names will be handed out.
What You’ll Learn:
- Programming in Scratch
- Broad programming concepts (loops, variables, data structures)
- Learn your first concepts such as “if-then” statements and a loop.
- Create your own animations.
- Variables & go in-depth on the concepts of repetition.
- Learn about one of the most important concepts in programming.
- Randomly moving of sprites.
- Repetition of the earlier addressed concepts and some tips & tricks.
Course Details: Programming for Kids