SQL – Databases for Developers: Foundations
Learn SQL in this FREE 12-part boot camp. It will help you get started with Oracle Database and SQL. The course is a series of videos to teach you database concepts, interactive SQL tutorials, and quizzes to reinforce the ideas.
Interested in learning SQL? This free certificate course from Oracle is the best place to start. Learn SQL in this FREE 12-part boot camp. It will help you get started with Oracle Database and SQL. The course is a series of videos to teach you database concepts, interactive SQL tutorials, and quizzes to reinforce the ideas.
Oracle’s free SQL course content
In this free SQL course from Oracle, you’ll learn:
- Tables: Learn about the types of table available in Oracle Database, their uses, and how to use create table.
- Columns and Data Types: When defining columns in a table, you need to choose a data type for them. This class you about the common SQL data types and their uses.
- Data modeling: Deciding where to store what is one of the fundamental decisions you make when building a database. This class gives an overview of the things you need to consider when designing your tables.
- Tables, columns and modeling review: A series of quizzes to recap the material from modules 1-3.
- Select and Where: Learn how to use a select statement to get you rows from your database. And filter these data using a where clause.
- Joins: This module teaches you about the different types SQL join: inner, left and right outer, full, and cross.
- Aggregates and Group By: This class covers how you can summarize your data using aggregate functions and group by.
- Select, Joins and Group By review: A chance to recap and catch up on modules 5-7 covering the basics of SQL queries: select, joins and group by.
- Insert and Commit: Learn how to use insert to loads data into your database tables. And save and undo your changes with commit and rollback.
- Update and transactions: Master the basics of changing values in your tables with the update statement. This module also covers the concept of a transaction: a single, logical unit of work.
- Delete and Truncate: Learn how to remove data from your database using delete and truncate. This class covers the differences between these operations and when you should use one or the other.
- Insert, Update and Delete review: A final set of quizzes to check you’ve understood the material on insert, update, delete, and truncate. Complete the course to get your certificate!