Supply Chain Principles
Looking to gain a solid understanding of what a supply chain is all about? This free online course from the Georgia Institute of Technology provides a great introduction to the integrated supply chain model.
Looking to gain a solid understanding of what a supply chain is all about? This free online course from the Georgia Institute of Technology provides a great introduction to the integrated supply chain model. You will have the chance to leverage discussions, videos, and quizzes to expand your foundational knowledge on the subject and find out about career opportunities in the field. The course also presents emerging and futuristic trends in supply chain.
Course description: Supply Chain Principles
This course is designed for a wide range of learners, including individuals working in a supply chain domain interested in improving their knowledge of supply chain, those curious about pursuing a career in supply chain, learners working or studying in an adjacent business field, seasoned professionals who may be moving to a new area of supply chain, and hobbyists seeking to learn more about the world around them.
This free online course will provide a solid understanding of what a supply chain is all about. The course:
- Provides an introduction to Supply Chain
- Leverages graphics to promote the Integrated Supply Chain model
- Emphasizes understanding the Extended Supply Chain
- Presents a holistic approach – Incorporating People, Process, and Technology
- Calls-out industry-specific supply chain
- Leverages discussions, videos, quizzes, and questions for consideration
- Provides awareness of career path opportunities
- Presents emerging and futuristic trends in supply chain
and given that at GT we are focused on developing what’s next in the world, we include Discussion of emerging and futuristic trends in supply chain. There is very little math involved in this course – so don’t worry at all about your math skills.
What You Will Learn
- Graphics that promote the integrated supply chain model.
- A holistic approach incorporating the people, process, and technology.
- Principles to consider.
How You Will Benefit
- Learn to promote the integrated supply chain model.
- Gain an understanding the extended supply chain.
- Discover the nuances of industry-specific supply chains.
- Gain an awareness of career path opportunities.
- Supply Chain Concepts
- Planning & Procurement
- Manufacturing & Service Operations
- Warehousing Operations
- Transportation Operations