Learn and get easy baking recipes, bread making, pastry classes and cake decorating with this free online course from Udemy.
Course description – The Art of Baking with Yuppiechef
Baking has been called many things. Grandmother’s best kept secret, a science and even an art. At Yuppiechef, we believe that armed with the right knowledge, anyone can become a proficient baker in no time at all.
In this free online course hosted by renowned author and food blogger Sarah Graham, we’ll share with you the foundational knowledge and know-how you’ll need to master key baking subjects such as cake, home-made bread and pastries. Sarah started her food blog in May 2010, and later that year was the first South African food blogger to be awarded a book contract. Since then, Sarah has gone on to author her cookbooks, ‘Bitten’ and ‘Smitten,’ and her own TV shows.
Complete the course at your own pace, in the comfort of your own home and on the device of your choice. Once completed, you can revisit all the course material as many times as you like.
Who this course is for: Baking is for everyone! We cover the basics, and introduce more advanced baking techniques, so this course is applicable for all levels.
What you’ll learn
- Understand the basics of baking, including easy cake chemistry, pantry essentials and the golden rules of baking
- Know everything biscuit and cookie baking, including lemony butter biscuits and peanut buttery oat biscuits
- Understand the ins and outs of making bread, and make a wholewheat loaf and rosemary and feta focaccia
- Master the classic sponge cake, clementine and rosemary cake, and chocolate cake
- Learn techniques for icing cakes and cupcakes, buttercream icing, and red velvet cupcakes
- Become a pastry expert, and make a lemon tart and chocolatey cinnamon rolls
- Introduction to the Art of Baking
- Ready, Steady, Bake
- Cookies and Biscuits
- Homemade Bread
- Cake Basics
- Assembly and Icing
- Perfect Pastry
Course Details: The Art of Baking with Yuppiechef