Learn The Principles of Free Market Economics – A free online course from the Hillsdale College.
Course description: The Principles of Free Market Economics
This course focuses on the foundational principles of the free market. Topics include the relationship of supply and demand, the “information problem” behind the failure of central planning, the rise of macroeconomics under the influence of John Maynard Keynes, and the 2008 financial crisis.
- Free market economics and the American founding
- How markets work
- Understanding demand
- Supply and equilibrium
- The role of profit
- Incentive and the “Information Problem”
- Keynesianism and macroeconomics
- Monetary Theory
- Case study: The Great Recession
- Restoring economic liberty
Course Details: The Principles of Free Market Economics