International Rescue Committee hiring: Budget Officer (FP&A Manager)
As part of IRC’s Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team, the FP&A Manager will provide technical and decision support to the organization’s budgetary operations for a set of IRC’s domestic and overseas offices, assisting the Sr. Director in refining the annual budget submission process and developing more effective oversight of the budget and actuals throughout the fiscal year. Additionally, the FP&A Manager will pursue continuous improvement in reports, tools and processes used to monitor the IRC’s budget and provide management decision support.
The FP&A Manager will report to the Sr. Director of Financial Planning & Analysis and will work closely with other FP&A team members; the CFO and colleagues across Finance; and budget owners and leaders from International and U.S. Programs and Headquarters departments such as Human Resources and Global Supply Chain etc.
- Work closely with the Sr. Director and FP&A team in developing annual budget submissions and in refining the process for the submission of the original and re-forecasted budget for Board approval;
- Coordinate the operating budget for a portfolio of departments and offices including forecasting and tracking results and analyzing and evaluating investments.
- Generate and analyze the monthly actual reports for assigned departments and work with the departments to identify issues and opportunities versus budget;
- Design reports and analyses to enable management decision-making as relates to annual budget and ongoing funding decisions;
- Provide ad hoc finance decision support on strategic initiatives to headquarters departments, including the development of business cases for new projects or funding areas;
- Identify and implement opportunities to use IRC’s financial systems to improve reporting and analysis capabilities;
- Provides expertise and leadership on assigned process or content areas; for example, budget process management or revenue reporting and analysis
- Train new financial and program staff on IRC’s budget policies, processes and financial systems;
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business Administration or Finance
- Min. 3-6 years progressive budgeting/finance experience; proven knowledge in complex financial analysis and expertise working on budgets preferred; ability to create insight from data and analyses
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and diplomatic skills: the ability to effectively liaise with colleagues in a diverse multi-cultural environment;
- Solid organizational skills: the ability to be flexible and to apply creative problem-solving skills;
- Computer and other technical skills: Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel and all MS Office applications; basic knowledge of SQL; experience with cloud-based planning tools, PowerBI and ERP systems (D365) is desirable.
- Standard office working environment
- This role may require working remotely full or part time and part time remote employees may be required to share workspace.
Application deadline: 31 Dec 2019