FAO hiring a Senior Driver in Cairo, Egypt
The Regional Office for RNE is responsible for leading FAO’s response to regional priorities for food security, agriculture and rural development through the identification, planning and implementation of FAO’s priority activities in the region. It ensures a multidisciplinary approach to programmes, identifies priority areas of action for the Organization in the Region and, in collaboration with departments and divisions at Headquarters, develops, promotes and oversees FAO’s strategic response to regional priorities. RNE also advises on the incorporation of regional priorities into the Organization’s Programme of Work and Budget and implements approved programmes and projects in the region, monitors the level of programme implementation and draws attention to problems and deficiencies. RNE develops and maintains relations with region-wide institutions including the Regional Economic Integration Organizations (REIOs). The Regional Office supports regional policy dialogue on food security, agriculture and rural development issues, facilitates the emergence of regional partnerships, and supports capacity development and resource mobilization for food security, agriculture and rural development in the region.
The Senior Driver is responsible for driving staff and visitors. He/she also provides other transportation related and messenger services for the Country Office Staff of FAO Representations.
The incumbent works under the general supervision of the FAO Representative and the direct supervision of the functional supervisor.
In his/her function as Senior Driver for the relevant Office, the incumbent is in regular contact with national and international visitors, including high ranking officials from the Government and other (UN) Agencies, with project managers, consultants and other personnel from within and outside the Organization. He / she is often the first point of contact for people from outside the country office. He / she interacts on a day-to-day basis with personnel and officials from local offices and service providers.
- Drive for the Head of Office and his / her visitors, including high-ranking officials from within and outside the Organization. As necessary also drive for other staff of FAO Representations.
- Meet official personnel and visitors at the airport; facilitate immigration, customs formalities, hotel check-in, and other local formalities.
- Ensures that the local transportation needs of the FAO Representative are met at all times and ensures the safety, technical soundness and comfort of the vehicle(s).Log official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, transportation / vehicle related expenditures, vehicle servicing, repairs, etc.
- Assist the administrative staff in regular monitoring of the log books and maintenance records.
- Ensure day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle(s); check oil, water, battery, tires, etc.; perform minor repairs and timely arrange for any other repairs necessary to keep the vehicle safe and technically sound at all times; maintain the vehicle(s) in clean condition.
- Handle local and organizational formalities when involved in an accident; ensure that in this case all organizational and local / country rules, regulations and procedures are followed correctly.
- Collect and deliver mail, documents, pouches, and other communications / items from and to the country office; go to the post office, airport, government agencies, other UN agencies, institutions, project sites, etc., to take and deliver items and communications; keep records as required.
- Assist the Country Office in performing simple clerical duties such as making and answering telephone calls, making photocopies, keeping records, etc.
- Brief and train the junior driver in all the above duties and responsibilities.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Impact Of Work
The incumbent’s work impacts on the timely and efficient delivery of the immediate work unit’s programme.
Education: Secondary school education. Possession of valid driver’s license. Experience: Four years of work experience as a driver. Flawless, safe driving record. Languages: Working knowledge (Level C) of Arabic and limited knowledge (Level B) of English;
- Results Focus
- Team Work
- Building effective relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Technical Skills
- Good knowledge of the local driving rules and regulations; skills in minor vehicle repair.
- A high degree of punctuality and reliability is required.
- Safe driving manner. Good sense of direction and knowledge of local conditions.
- Ability to cope with extended working hours.
_______________________________________________________________________________________ FAO staff are expected to adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency _______________________________________________________________________________________
Application deadline: 2020-02-28