FAO Jobs in Juba, South Sudan: Administrative Officer
The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
The Administrative Officer reports to FAO Representative in South Sudan.
Financial management of and administrative support to Country programmes.
Comprehensive technical, statistical, analytical and/or policy analysis services and the development of specialized tools, methodologies, systems and/or databases to support the planning, implementation/delivery and monitoring of the programme of work and related products, projects, publications, and services.
• Advises in the preparation of the Programme of Work and Budget (PWB) in consultation with relevant technical officers and the headquarters technical divisions; prepares and consolidates work plans; proposes revised plans and strategic measures to implement successfully the biennial programme of work and monitor effectively budgetary trends;
• Prepares periodic budget reports for submission; prepares post planning and monitoring and other regular and ad hoc reports;
• Contributes to the development of results-based management concepts and policies and monitoring and reporting procedures;
• Develops, implements and monitors corporate activities, identifies operational, administrative, information technology and other constraints and proposes solutions to improve quality, timeliness and cost effectiveness;
• Overviews the maintenance of imprest accounts and other budgetary reports; acts as Certifying Officer, monitors availability of funds under all programmes; ensures that financial commitments and expenditures are accurate and consistent with established guidelines;
• Trains and supervises staff and field project personnel on all administrative and operational matters and undertakes special missions for training on budgetary, financial and managerial issues in line with the Organization’s regulations policies and procedures;
• Establishes effective working relationships with Government counterparts at appropriate level for Government Contributions to the work programme;
• Oversees operational and staffing requirements of the Office and its projects, and ensures optimal staffing of the office and projects;
• Participates in review meetings to assess managerial and operational capacities, scrutinize reliability and solvency of selected implementing partners;
• Assesses training needs and encourages training events as well as other human resources-related activities;
• Optimizes the management of Office’s premises, the allocation of space and the provision of services for the renovation and the maintenance of premises and be responsible for security for MOSS compliance;
• Establishes and maintains partnership with headquarters units, interacts with Internal and External Auditors and prepares replies to audit observations and queries;
• Organizes and participates in meetings, workshops, celebrations and other events;
• Performs other related duties as required.
• Monitors and streamlines procedures related to (Finance Operators) in the field to ensure transparency and accountability in accordance to Compliance requirements;
• Monitors expenditure against assigned project budgets by Operations Unit for small time payments and general operating expense related payments;
• Provides oversight in assets transfer for closing projects as requested by different sectors.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• Advanced university degree in business or public administration, accounting or a related field;
• Seven years of relevant experience in financial management, administration and planning;
• Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of another FAO official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions, is desirable;
• Extent and relevance of experience in financial management, administration and planning;
• Extent and relevance of experience in organizing programme proposals and monitor programme implementation.
Application deadline: 2020-04-08