MEDAIR hiring : Finance Manager
Oversee the financial activities of the programme, the Finance Manager carries out the various accounting functions required in order to provide accurate and timely information to donors, GSO, field management and the field teams on the financial status of the programme. This involves organising and further developing the financial processes required for the projects to function effectively as well as managing the finance team, providing coaching and training as required.
Multi-sectoral relief programme in South Sudan including provision of Health, Nutrition, WASH, Psychosocial support, and NFI/emergency shelter services across fixed and emergency response locations.
Key Activity Areas
- Reconciling / verifying bank and cash amounts on a weekly basis.
- Ensuring payments are made in a timely fashion in line with Medair policies and procedures.
- Ensure prompt entry of all transactions for the programme into Field Connect, reviewing all transactions on a monthly basis.
- Compiling the monthly cash needs forecast for the programme, ensuring that money is transferred between locations in a timely manner and that daily cash needs are met. Supporting field bases in financial matters.
- Monitoring project spending, and provide feedback to project teams, and senior management.
- Ensure that Medair Finance Procedures are followed in all Country Programme’s offices.
- Work with Budget holders, senior management and GSO staff in the preparation and development of budgets for projects and shared costs.
- Support the preparation of donor budgets and financial reports within the required time frame.
- Allocate cost’s to donors in line with contracts and donor regulations.
- Prepare for, manage and support internal and external field financial audits, providing all information required by local legislation, donors, GSO or other bodies.
- Support internal and external GSO financial audits as required.
- Meet the finance related administrative requirements of Medair, donors, local legislation, suppliers, contractors and any other stakeholders, so that the financial aspects of the programme function efficiently, effectively and with integrity.
- Work with HR to ensure the preparation of monthly payroll list, payment and record-keeping of staff salaries and allowances is done in a timely manner and in accordance with local employment regulations, ensuring that all required statutory deductions are made and subsequently paid to the appropriate authorities.
- Support the GSO Finance Programmes Officer (FPO) in reporting to donors, providing relevant documents and narrative explanation of any anomalies or discrepancies.
- Manage and oversee the programme finance staff including recruitment, day-to-day management, staff development and training, appraisal, etc. Provide functional supervision to field Finance Officers.
- Develop and maintain a communication structure with colleagues to ensure they are kept informed of applicable financial activities and requirements, including the distribution of key financial information.
- Control and manage the security of in-country cash when held on site and when being transferred to other account holders.
- Conduct regular internal audits and report immediately any possible fraud or theft
- Promote and use the Medair e-library and other operating procedures, ensuring that all standardised formats are used and guidelines are followed.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with team members, local staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work, live, and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) completed.
- Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written).