UNDP Job Opportunity: Intern (Monitoring & Evaluation)
Dear Candidate, Please kindly note that this is a roster and all the job responsibilities listed in the current VA is only for reference. We may contact you directly if there is a suitable opportunity in further and a more specific JD will then be shared. We may also send the job alter to you via the email you registered. Therefore, please ensure you input the correct email address. UNDP China is programming in line with the UNDP Strategic Plan (SP), under which the work domains/portfolios include Poverty, Equity and Governance, Energy and Environment, Disaster Management, and South-South & Global Cooperation. The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) team is directly guided by the senior management, and serves as an overarching coordinating hub and supportive role for each portfolio throughout the office. The M&E team contributes to UNDP’s commitment to delivering high quality projects, and is expected to assist project teams in delivering results in a timely, efficient, and transparent way. Under the overall guidance of the Deputy Resident Representative (DRR) and the supervision of the M&E Officer of UNDP China, the M&E intern will be dedicated to office-wide M&E functions: monitoring and evaluating UNDP projects in China to ensure complete compliance; collaborating with different teams to comply with UNDP headquarter/regional office in requested tasks; providing support and troubleshooting as requested by project units. With the help of the M&E Unit, project managers and teams shall keep their projects on track, and mitigate potential risks.
Duties and Responsibilities
The M&E intern is expected to assist the DRR and the M&E Officer in the following key fields: Monitoring and Evaluation
- Monitoring overall project implementation with respect to progress and updates, delivery, project objectives, outputs and indicators.
- Analyzing quantitative and qualitative information to evaluate the performance of each portfolio. Preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual reports on the project progress of UNDP China.
- In close consultation with UNDP headquarter/regional office, collaborating with teams/portfolios to ensure all periodic review and result-based management (RBM) tasks are well accomplished.
Strategic Planning and Coordinating
- Reviewing and providing quality assurance of Project Documents, work plans, MOUs, financing agreements, and ensuring the compliance with the Strategic Plan and UNDP pertinent policies.
- Ensuring timely submission of project annual work plans, quarterly reports, annual reports, etc. summitted from implementing partners and project management offices (PMO).
- Coordinating and compiling office-wide annual target, annual work plan, annual report, etc. in extensive consultation with management team and multiple thematic teams.
Knowledge Sharing and Supporting
- Managing all documentations along the project implementation process of UNDP China. Organizing UNDP in-office knowledge sharing activities and external trainings for partners, PMOs, etc.
- Providing secretarial and coordination support of office-wide meetings, external meetings with governmental counterparts, and other M&E-related activities.
- Performing other ad-hoc duties.
- Thoroughness in accomplishing a task while paying sufficient attention to details to ensure work is timely and error-freely delivered.
- Strong commitment and accountability in work and continuous improvement as a self-starter.
- Strong inter-personal, negotiation and liaison skills. Ability to work as part of a team, sharing information and coordinating efforts within the team.
Required Skills and Experience
Education and Experience
- Enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program, preferably with major in Social Sciences, Accounting, Economics, Statistics, Management or other related fields. Advanced university degree is an asset.
- Experience in program evaluation, project monitoring, or financial audit would be an advantage.
Language and Skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Mandarin.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office software package (MS Excel, Word, etc.) and web management system.