Website International Monetary Fund
International Monetary Fund hiring : Budget Assistant/Sr. Budget Assistant – OBP
The selected candidate will be assigned responsibilities within the following broad areas of work:
- Support departmental budget teams and assist in budget formulation for assigned departments and offices, including conducting analysis to support budget decisions and estimating impact of proposed policy and/or work program changes; monitor budget execution for assigned departments and prepare periodic forecasts of budget execution; respond to departmental inquiries.
- Analyze expenditure data using various systems. Prepare comparative analysis across departments and functions affecting budget trends and in support of efficient resource management. Collect, process, and evaluate data for accuracy and completeness.
- Creative and innovative use of technological advancements to develop and improve budget processes and systems. Provide technical support on budget-related systems.
- Maintain large databanks. Develop tools to efficiently analyze and validate data. Support departments in use of data and respond to inquiries from different stakeholders.
QualificationsEducational development, typically acquired by the completion of a university degree in business, finance, accounting, statistics, computer science, or a related field is required.
In addition to the education requirements, the successful candidate should have the following competencies:
- Interpersonal Skills and Teamwork: Ability to work well within a team, adaptable to changing priorities and manage under tight deadlines.
- Work Management: Excellent organizational skills to handle multiple and varied tasks under a matrix structure.
- Data Analytics: Excellent technical and analytical skills, including solid knowledge of Microsoft Office products, Tableau, Peoplesoft Financials, and activity based costing systems highly desirable.
Only candidates physically residing within the Washington Metropolitan area will be eligible for consideration.
The IMF is committed to achieving a diverse staff, including gender, nationality, culture and educational background.