Website Norwegian Refugee Council
Norwegian Refugee Council hiring: Logistics Assistant – Asset & Inventory (National Position)
Rights Respected, People Protected
NRC in Iraq
Iraq, with a long history of displacement, has seen an unprecedented rise in recent years. Of the more than 5.8 million Iraqis who fled their homes since 2014, two million remain displaced. Over four million Iraqis have returned to their area of origin. Many Iraqis have returned to areas that lack basic infrastructure, utility services and livelihood opportunities, or where explosive devices have not been cleared. Other challenges include lack of security, community rejection, housing, property and civil documentation issues and lack of educational opportunities.
The UN estimates that more than 8 million Iraqis will need assistance in 2019, and 3.2 million children attend schools irregularly or not at all. Humanitarian agencies are asking for 569 million USD to deliver basic assistance to Iraqis (HRP 2018). With military operations against IS group having ended, the Iraqi government faces new challenges to ensure an inclusive reconstruction and reconciliation that will sustain peace.
Since 2010, NRC Iraq has been assisting internally displaced Iraqis, Syrian refugees, and host communities in Ninewa, Dohuk, Erbil, Kirkuk, Basra and Anbar. We focus on assisting the newly displaced, those in lengthy displacement in camps and those in hard-to-reach places. In 2018, NRC scaled-up programmes across Iraq to respond to the large-scale displacements and returns, especially in Anbar governorate, around Kirkuk and in Ninewa using our water and sanitation, education, camp management, legal assistance, livelihoods, camp management, and cash activities.
Logistics Assistant -Asset & Inventory
The purpose of the assistant position is to assist in the day to day implementation of the Logistic function’s responsibilities. Use action words such as to conduct or assist for the position relevant responsibilities.
Role and Responsibilities
- Maintenance proper files of requisitions, quantities, quotations, evaluation forms and purchase orders in compliance with NRC logistics policy and audit/donor requirements under the guidance of AM, coordinate with program teams for timely delivery and distribution of goods & services for beneficiaries.
- Receive requisitions and source bids & quotations for the purchases goods and services in accordance with NRC procurement regulations identification and obtaining of all resources required to ensure smooth functioning of field logistic operations.
- Ensure that daily operations including procurement plans and related activities are implemented in accordance with norms and standards, as well as budget lines and limitations.
- Register and maintain proper files of requisitions and purchase orders and other relevant documents.
- Be responsible for maintaining stock of program and support materials in NRC Warehouse and ensure that stock register is maintained properly
- Ensure all NRC Asset and Inventory registered according to NRC Asset SOP and donor regulations.
- Ensure NRC Asset and Inventory are in good conditions and monitor maintenance if required.
- Ensure proper handover by using (Equipment Check in – Check out) form before assigning to the requester.
- Proper filling of Asset related documents (Equipment check in –check out, Waybill, Donation certificate, Asset transfer form, etc.)
- Conduct asset and inventory physical check quarterly.
- Ensure NRC staff are aware of their responsibility of NRC Asset under their custody.
- Prepare and share plans, records and reports as required (e.g. status reports, inventory lists)
Handling asset and inventory disposal plan in accordance to NRC asset SOP and donor regulations.
- Update Asset Register of NRC Kirkuk office, Guesthouse, and Filed offices in Hawija and Tuz, regularly.
- Archiving all documents related to Assets on Office 365 on daily basis.
- Submit monthly Asset report, scanned (Equipment check in- out, Waybill, Loss& damage report, Asset transfer form, Donation certificate, etc…) of the related month to Logistics Officer.
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure promote and accurate delivery of goods and services and received in good condition as per invoices, delivery notes and packing lists
Our Ideal Candidate
- Experience from working as a Logistics Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in local languages.
- Local market knowledge.
- Good computer application skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, power point, database and network communication.
- Contract period: Six (6) months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
- Duty station: Kirkuk
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
NRC is an equal opportunity employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality and physical ability.
Application deadline: 2019-12-24