International Rescue Committee hiring: Officer, Email Marketing
IRC’s Marketing unit is responsible for generating brand awareness and financial support for the IRC through mass-marketing. Focusing primarily on individuals giving contributions of under $10K, the unit aims to acquire, cultivate and develop a large, diverse base of supporters—mainly through digital channels—from which donors can be upgraded to major donors and planned giving. The unit comprises four teams: Direct Marketing- USA, Direct Marketing – New Markets, Creative and Brand, and Marketing Analytics. Through compelling, targeted messaging and imagery, these teams work cohesively to inform and inspire IRC supporters.
The Email Marketing Officer will work closely with Senior Digital Officers and a broader digital team to create sharp, thoughtful, and engaging email content. They will be responsible for building the strategy behind our e-mail communications for key audience segments, as well as producing and deploying emails with our creative team, helping build and manage content calendars, and helping develop and execute both long and short-term testing plans.
- Build and send emails in WCA/SilverPop and landing pages/donation forms in our CRM.
- Work with our designers to create graphics for emails, including full graphic emails and individual email drop-in graphics
- Run quality assurance on email program materials, including emails, tracking, landing pages, and metadata.
- Track email performance, craft analytics reports, and design testing strategies in order to optimize our programs
- Work with Senior Officer to manage overall email strategy for the IRC and our various programs; including calendaring, audience segmentation, landing pages, and calls to action
- Manage and work closely with the Creative Services team to write and approve compelling email and other copy for various digital campaigns and projects
- Draft email calendars and be ready to engage our lists during rapid response moments
- Work with the rest of the digital team to develop and execute email acquisition efforts
- Brainstorm tactics, creative, and campaigns around progressive issues and ideals
- Keep a pulse on the latest trends and best practices for email and digital writ large – and integrate them into our online efforts
- Pitch in on other digital team duties as needed
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Work Experience: 3-6 years in mass market email production and strategy (nonprofit or digital agency experience a plus).
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- CRM experience a must (BSD Tools, Watson Campaign Automation/Silverpop, ActionKit, EveryAction, Mailchimp, or similar) and SilverPop/WCA experience preferred.
- Strong practical understanding of HTML and CSS for email coding
- Design skills including Photoshop, Illustrator, and/or InDesign. Bonus points for advanced illustration or animation skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on attention to detail and the ability to catch even the most minor of errors.
- Demonstrate the ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects when assigned.
- Must have superior project and time-management capabilities within a fast paced, high-productivity environment.
- Demonstrate the ability to anticipate and effectively communicate and solve practical problems or issues.
- Must be highly motivated, action-oriented, and goal-focused.Language Skills: English
This role may require working remotely full or part time (i.e., telecommuting). Applicants must have a home or alternate workspace they can effectively complete their work from during regularly scheduled hours.
Application deadline: 31 Dec 2019.