International Rescue Committee hiring: Project Manager, IT and Operations
Specific services that the IT department provides include application development & integration, system deployment, user experience and change management, quality assurance & testing, and overall Project Management in an effort to help the organization determine and implement the best solutions for its business needs.
The Project Manager, IT and Operations will provide general project management support for projects related to both operational process and business system improvements required to support the IRC’s ongoing operations and growth. The Project Manager will work with the Director of Project and Portfolio Management and various business owners to successfully execute these projects.
The person in this position will develop and manage existing project documentation, including project schedules, weekly and monthly status reports, presentations, risk logs, action logs, issue logs, etc. The Project Manager works proactively to gather information required for analysis of project cost, resources, time and other project supporting deliverables.
- Creates and Maintains Project Plans: Develops, and continually updates, detailed project/program management plans. Develops work breakdown structures based on the project objectives and scope. Ensures PM methodology is adhered to.
- Manages Project Status Reporting: Prepares status reports to convey project scope, goals, milestones, budget, risk, status, change requests, and critical issues to the client and project team.
- Develops and Maintains Project Schedules: Incorporates regular updates from each functional team.
- Supports Project Cost Estimation and Ongoing Budget Tracking: Provides budget information to Project Managers. Assists in developing costs estimates and analyzing data.
- Performs Project Resource Management: Provides work direction and leadership to assigned projects, including scheduling, assignment of work and review of project efforts. Identifies project resource requirements and staff assignments. Checks for staff availabilities. Updates the project plan with work assignments.
- Conducts Risk Management: Maintains documentation for identified risks and mitigation strategies. Proactively gathers and updates risk status and documentation as needed.
- Supports Stakeholder Management: Works with technology and business owners to analyze stakeholder expectations for projects based upon approved project requirements.
- Conducts Project Business Analysis: Works with project team members and stakeholders to anticipate and manage changes to projects, such as but not limited to, technical and functional requirements, business requirements and milestone schedule
- Provides Overall Project Administration: Participates in program team meetings, proactively documents meeting minutes, track issues, decisions and action items, and follow-up between meetings to drive issues to closure.
- Conducts Other Tasks as Needed: Performs other duties or special projects as required or as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 4+ years of experience managing project efforts
- Expertise utilizing and championing Project Management software and tools
- Knowledge of best practice Project Management methodologies
- Experience with cross-functional project coordination
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (i.e. day-to-day discussions, team meetings, presentations, written status updates, project documentation, etc.), as well as, an overall ability to be clear and concise in all communications
- Strong organizational and time-management skills; proven ability to prioritize and deliver on time
- Strong analytic problem solving skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a dynamic, cross-functional global team structure
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite, strong proficiency in project tracking software (i.e., Clarizen, MS Project, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to manage and work through change
Preferred Additional Requirements
- CAPM or PMP certified; or actively working toward certification
- Standard office working environment
Application deadline: 31 Dec 2019