UNOPS hiring: Security Guard, UN City Copenhagen
Background Information – UNOPS
“UNOPS plays a critical role in providing management services for our life-saving, peacebuilding, humanitarian and development operations.” -Ban Ki-moon, United Nations Secretary-General
UNOPS mission is to expand the capacity of the UN system and its partners to implement peacebuilding, humanitarian and development operations that matter for people in need.
Working in some of the world’s most challenging environments, our vision is to always satisfy partners with management services that meet world-class standards of quality, speed and cost effectiveness.
UNOPS provides services in sustainable infrastructure, sustainable procurement and sustainable project management, with projects ranging from building schools, roads, bridges and hospitals to procuring goods and services and training local personnel.
By assisting UN organizations, international financial institutions, governments and other development partners, UNOPS makes significant, tangible contributions to results on the ground.
We employ more than 6,000 personnel annually and on behalf of our partners create thousands more work opportunities in local communities. Through our headquarters in Copenhagen, Denmark and a network of regional and country offices, we oversee activities in more than 80 countries.
UNOPS is committed to achieving a truly diverse workforce.
Background Information – Job-specific
The incumbent reports to the Senior Security Assistant
The Security Guard will be reporting directly to the Senior Security Assistant (SSA), he/she is responsible for assisting the SA and SSA in monitoring the physical security as well as ensuring the compliance with security policies at the UN City, Copenhagen facility. He/she is expected to take a proactive approach in order to prevent security/safety related incidents to follow operational instructions given by the SA or SSA.
It is the main responsibility of Security Guard to perform patrols, man the control center and the Primary Access Facility (PAF) and perform post duty both indoor and outdoor at the UN City, Copenhagen complex. He/she is expected to respond to alarms and incidents in accordance with the instructions and guidelines given in this document and in the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the respective post. The Security Guard is expected to be visible throughout the duration of the shift on a 24/7/365 basis and to report to the supervisor and (if possible) prevent and/or mitigate any event with potential impact on UN operations. He/she must be prepared to work irregular hours (including night shifts over longer periods). He/she will be expected to work independently and make informed decisions in accordance with established post orders (SOPs).
The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
The duties of the Security Guard include, but are not limited to:
• Performing indoor and outdoor duties on site as per SOP’s of the designated post. • Assist in documenting all incidents on site relevant to the UN in Daily Activity Report (DAR) and ensure secure storage of any such documentation.
• Take a proactive approach in ensuring the continuous security and safety of UN City.
• Report damages and failures to the supervisor and other appropriate contacts.
• Assist employees, guests and contractors on site in complying with security policies including ensuring the enforcement of UN City control and access procedures.
• Assist in case of emergencies and evacuations. (To be dispatched by SCC).
• Participate in the 24/7/365 shift rotation between SCC, patrolling and access control.
• All officers are required to undergo training enabling them to backfill other security departmental task and functions without operational disruption (cross training)
• Handle mail and delivers.
• Assist in ensuring continuous operation of the on-site CCTV and access control systems.
• Monitor all available alarm and surveillance systems and take immediate and appropriate action when needed.
• Assist in documenting all incidents on site by active use of CCTV and assure secure storage of such documentation.
• Report any security incident to the SA or SSA.
• Perform tasks not specifically mentioned in these terms of reference, in compliance with the UN Copenhagen Security post orders and as requested by the Senior Security Assistant or Security Assistant.
High School Diploma is required as well as the mandatory AMU-course for Security Officers: Grundlæggende Vagt (DNK)
A minimum of twelve months experience from relevant work with the UN, a security company, the police, the military or the Fire Services is required.
Excellent skills in both English & Danish (oral and written).
No entries in employees criminal record (penal code violations). Record must be provided to department management on an annual basis.
Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.