UNDP Job Opportunity: Executive Associate
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide effective calendar management and communications flow with regards to the work of the Assistant Administrator and Director, BMS and CPO, UNDP;
- Provide administrative support to the Assistant Administrator and Director, BMS;
- Provide support to effective advocacy of BMS activities in close consultation with the Directorate Team;
- Ensure facilitation of knowledge building.
- Manages the appointments/schedule for the Assistant Administrator and Director, BMS with external and internal parties including visitors from external organizations, other UN agencies, Governments, Permanent Missions to the UN, global UNDP senior staff as well as internal and external meetings, determining priority requirements;
- Undertakes all aspects of travel arrangements and ensures coordination with other travel partners, internal and external to UNDP;
- Maintains protocol procedures;
- Prepares well organized briefing materials for appointments, meetings, and missions;
- Maintains directory of high-level contacts (including short biography if available) and telephone lists;
- Maintains directory of officials in case of emergency including in mobile phone;
- Prepares correspondence, directives, comments on behalf of the Assistant Administrator and Director for her signature following up as necessary;
- Uses automated office management systems for effective functioning of the Assistant Administrator and Director’s office;
- Manages e-mail and correspondence flow, ensuring prioritization, confidentiality and effective follow-up.
- Ensures Conference Room bookings and availability for BMS organized meetings;
- Prepares travel requests in Atlas;
- Handles claims submitted by the Assistant Administrator and Director, BMS, in accordance with the supporting policies;
- Handles human resource administration issues such as home leave, diplomatic privileges for the Assistant Administrator and Director, BMS;
- Ensures availability of coverage and backstopping for the Assistant Administrator and Director, BMS during peak times;
- Supports the Assistant Administrator and Director, BMS in interactions (in sensitive, political, diplomatic, others) with various external partners such as ambassadors, donor country delegations, parliamentarians and high-level senior officials, as well as with global senior officials UNDP;
- Maintains information on BMS Directors’ activities;
- Researches, obtains and ensures the requirements for background materials for briefings, meetings, official missions and appointments; Prepares public information materials/folders as requested;
- Organizes official hospitality events.
- Contributes to knowledge networks and communities of practice;
- Organizes specialized training for protocol and administrative/logistic functions;
- Guides peers on coordination, administration and protocol issues.
- Ability to make new and useful ideas work
- Ability to persuade others to followLevel
- Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
- Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
- Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement
- Demonstrated capacities to perform multiple tasks, in multi-cultural environment and dealt with confidential matters
- Ability to manage day-to-day office activities (including but not limited to travel management, facilities and asset management, policy and procedures maintenance) to meet operational needs
- Ability to review and edit documents, ability to produce meeting report identifying key actions
- Ability to identify and execute opportunities to improve operational efficiency
- Ability to perform administrative and procedural activities to insure that quality requirements and goals are fulfilled
- Ability to efficiently handle and share information and knowledge
- Ability to identify and prioritize risks, and organize action around mitigating them
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary education with specialized secretarial training;
- University degree desirable but not a requirement.
- 7 years of progressively responsible secretarial, administrative, programme experience is required at the national or international level;
- Experience in the usage of office equipment and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and experience in handling of web based management systems;
- Prior experience as an Executive Associate is an asset.
- Proficiency in English.
- Proven and tested knowledge of French, Spanish or Arabic is an asset.
Under US immigration law, acceptance of a staff position with UNDP, an international organization, may have significant implications for US Permanent Residents. UNDP advises applicants for all professional level posts that they must relinquish their US Permanent Resident status and accept a G-4 visa, or have submitted a valid application for US citizenship prior to commencement of employment.
UNDP is not in a position to provide advice or assistance on applying for US citizenship and therefore applicants are advised to seek the advice of competent immigration lawyers regarding any applications.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Application deadline: 2019-12-19