UNDP Job Opportunity: Project Delivery Support Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
- Project delivery support:
- Collaborate with project teams to set actionable near-term and long-term workplans, with clear milestones, deliverables, and KPIs;
- Support project teams in delivery of these activities, as needed (including, for example, woreda selection for key activities, holding stakeholder meetings, designing trainings, creating and tracking budgets);
- Build capabilities within program teams through trainings, design of implementation / tracking tools, and coaching on project management skills;
- Identify issues in project delivery and work collaboratively with project teams to identify solutions and help resolve;
- Identify and implement monitoring and evaluation strategies for meeting program targets.
- Provide technical advice on the design, implementation and delivery of forest sector and forest-livelihood related models;
- Regularly host coordination meetings with project teams to review overall progress and identify opportunities across projects for shared learning and resourcing;
- Develop and maintain strong project management tools / guides / trainings for the Forest Sector Transformation Unit and supported programs;
- Participating in FSTU’s strategic development, including attending internal meetings, strategy away days etc.;
- Provide support to consultants or partner organisations contracted for training and support to partners;
- Collaborate with Business Development team and relevant stakeholders, to ensure new projects developed are informed by the Project Delivery Support team;
- Performing other tasks as may arise from time to time be requested by the Director or Deputy Director of the Forest Sector Transformation Unit.
- Proven experience in working with delivery of targets and programs in the forest and land use sector, especially working with donor funds;
- Ability to carry out responsibilities independently with minimal technical support;
- Strong project management experience with proven implementation results, including collaborating experience with higher learning and research institutions locally and abroad;
- Strong team player, highly energetic, self-motivated, goal-oriented and committed to shared goals;
- Strong set of personal values, including integrity, honesty and desire to be of service;
- Excellent computer literacy including standard office applications such as MS-Office packages; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Database/Access as well as statistical techniques;
- Project planning and management skill with proven results or rich project management experience;
- Flexibility, excellent adaptive problem-solver in challenging environment;
- Strong project management experience with proven implementation results, including experience collaborating with line functions to support them in delivery of their projects;
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to manage numbers, including budgets, impact numbers, monitoring and evaluation etc.;
- Demonstrated experience of working with multi-stakeholder teams, ideally representing different government agencies;
- Strong preference for individuals with previous experience working with government or government agencies;
- Ability to collaborate with senior staff of national and international institutions;
- Willingness and ability to learn on the job, keen to undertake training and on the job development;
- Excellent computer literacy including standard office applications such as MS Office packages Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Database/Access as well as statistical techniques.
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum MSc degree in forestry, natural resource management, forest management, production forest.
- Minimum 6 years work experience in research and project management in the field of Forestry, Natural Resource Management, Livelihoods and Value Chain Development;
- Practical understandings and experience of the challenges and opportunities of the forest sector in Ethiopia;
- Demonstrated experience at managerial level in developing effective strategic plans and strengthening the capacity of public bodies;
- Experience in project delivery support and effective management of complex interactions in complex work environment;
- Proven experience in creating, mobilizing and coordinating teams for enhanced delivery;
- Project management experience with proven results;
- Proven experience in delivering goals of forestry related programs;
- Previous work with government or government agencies is preferred, but not required.
- Fluency in English.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Application deadline: 2020-01-03