Get started in the high-growth field of project management with a professional certificate developed by Google. Discover how to manage projects efficiently and effectively, using traditional and agile methods. In this program, you’ll learn in-demand skills that will have you job-ready in less than six months. No degree or experience is required.
About Google Project Management Professional Certificate
Project managers are in high demand. As the workplace continues to grow and evolve, project managers serve as a pivotal piece to an organization’s ability to adapt and remain agile. Project managers are natural problem-solvers. In addition to setting the plan and guiding teammates through the project, they are tasked with managing changes and risks.
Each day is dynamic and different for a project manager because they are at the center of the project — building relationships, prioritizing tasks, and delivering results! Using various tools and templates, as well as a unique skill set, the project manager brings order to chaos. There are 475,100 U.S. job openings in project management and the average salary for Google Project Management Professional Certificate is $116,000 in the United States.
Over 6 courses, gain in-demand skills that will prepare you for an entry-level job. Learn from Google employees whose foundations in project management, served as launchpads for their own careers.
At under 10 hours per week, you can complete in less than six months. Upon completion, you can directly apply for jobs with Google and over 130 U.S. employers, including Walmart, Best Buy, and Astreya.
This Google Project Management Professional Certificate program qualifies you for over 100 hours of project management education, which helps prepare you for Project Management Institute Certifications like the globally-recognized Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®.
The content is highly interactive and exclusively developed by Google employees with decades of experience in program and project management.
Skills you’ll gain will include:
- Creating risk management plans;
- Understanding process improvement techniques;
- Managing escalations, team dynamics, and stakeholders;
- Creating budgets and navigating procurement;
- Utilizing project management software, tools, and templates;
- Practicing Agile project management, with an emphasis on Scrum.
Google Project Management Professional Certificate program content
There are six courses in this professional certificate program:
- Foundations of Project Management
- Project initiation: starting a successful project
- Project planning: putting tt all together
- Project execution: running the project
- Agile Project Management
- Capstone: Applying project management in the real world
Apply for a scholarship
Google is funding over 100 thousand scholarships in the U.S. through Grow with Google partners and Google.org grantees like Merit America, Per Scholas, NPower, Goodwill, Futuro Health, Generation USA and more, so that everybody is able to further their career.
Google additionally offers apprenticeships—paid opportunities to receive job-related experience—with some apprenticeship tracks providing access to the Google Career Certificates program.
Eligibility and application
- Strong academic performance with a focus on subjects that are relevant to the apprenticeship you are applying for, at any level of your education (e.g. secondary school, high school, university, qualifications, or relevant equivalent experience).
- Ability to speak and write in English and the local language (if that is not English) fluently and idiomatically.
- Have authorization to work in the country where you are applying.
Application materials (one file required)
- An updated resumé (PDF required)
- A cover letter (PDF required)
- Responses to multiple short answer questions (PDF required) or an aptitude test for some of the programs.
- If any items are missing from your application, you will not be considered for the program.