Which certification is best for IT project management? IBM IT Project Manager Professional Certificate is the best certificate to start your career as a project manager. It is a well-recognized certificate offered by IBM and SkillUp in Coursera. This certification can walk through the Project Management job roles in demand in today’s job market. It is a 100% flexible online course conducted in English for all learners worldwide.
Let’s dive into detail into the IBM IT Project Manager Professional Certificate Review!
What is the IBM IT Project Manager Professional Certificate?
The IBM IT Project Manager Professional Certificate is a professional certificate dedicated to a Project manager or Project management job role. If you want to grow or start as a project manager, this is one of the best certificates to develop essential skills and learn the required tools. In this certification, you gain the technical and software engineering fundamentals to enhance your career as a project manager.
As soon as you complete this certificate, you can enroll on a job role as an entry-level IT project manager with no prior experience. Under this certification journey, you learn the in-demand skills acquired by IT project managers. The workload of IT project managers includes:
- Planning project schedules;
- Managing projects;
- Using essential tools and methodologies;
- Growing with the proper leadership methodologies.
You’ll gain in-demand skills needed in IT project management including project planning and management, agile project management, effective communication, risk management, stakeholder management and leadership methods. You’ll also gain a deep understanding of the concepts, tools, and language of project management.
Apart from that, you gain the technical training necessary as a project manager to handle the hardware, operating systems, cybersecurity, software, cloud computing and much more! The other primary training you undergo is the fundamental software engineering concepts, software development tools, stacks, and technologies, including the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
What are the key learnings in the IBM IT Project Manager Professional Certificate?
The following are the main learning targets to cover in the IBM IT Project Manager Professional Certificate:
- Learn the practical tools used in the project management role;
- Learn and develop the functional and technical skills used in the project management;
- Learn the Agile and Scrum concepts such as adaptive planning, iterative development, continuous improvement, and customer value;
- Learn to handle the problematic situations put forth by the clients and stakeholders;
- Learn to schedule, manage and track the projects based on the project management lifecycle;
- Learn to control the capstone project of the certification by gaining hands-on experience in real-world projects.
Is IBM IT Project Manager Professional worth it?
Yes. The IBM IT Project Manager Professional Certificate is worth it if you want to enroll on a project manager career. Is IBM certification recognized? IBM is a recognized institute for developing skills, knowledge and career certificates for learners. Moreover, this certification is provided by both IBM and SkillUp in a joint partnership. In this certification, you gain career support resources from the instructors and a valuable certificate to ensure the completion of the certificate. It will be a great advantage in your job application and recruitment stage.
Apart from that, here are the reasons why the IBM IT Project Manager Professional Certificate is worth it:
- Master the practical tools used by the project managers;
- Learn the project manager’s role, duties and responsibilities in detail;
- Learn the agile concepts essential for a project manager;
- Learn to handle the project management activities, client situations and the project management lifecycle;
- Develop the crucial skills for a project manager;
- Land an in-demand, high-paying job quickly.
What is the salary scale for IBM IT Project Manager Professional Certificate?
The average entry-level salary for IBM IT Project Manager Professional Certificate in the United States is $78,817. But, when you are growing and depending on several factors, your salary range is between $70,399 and $89,793. The other factors that affect the salary are experience level, education, certification, skills, and the demand for the job.
As a beginner, you can start with an IBM IT Project Manager Professional Certificate and enter an entry-level IT Project Manager job. Then, keep your growth from continuing and focus on developing your skills and education further to attain senior positions in project management in a short span.
How long does IBM IT Project Manager Professional take?
The IBM IT Project Manager Professional Certificate has 9 course modules with an estimated project completion duration of 3 months. If you are a fast learner, you can complete the course in less than 3 months. Investing in 3 months to set up your career is worth it time, and it is also pretty short. Therefore, if you have a passion for project management, this course can take only 3 months and get you into a job immediately!
How much does IBM IT Project Manager Professional cost?
The IBM IT Project Manager Professional Certificate costs only $39 per month for Coursera subscription fee. If you take 3 months, the entire cost to complete the IBM IT Project Manager Professional Certificate is $117. If you take 2 months to complete the IBM IT Project Manager Professional Certificate, the cost is $78 only. Depending on the learning time and the duration, you need to pay only the monthly payment of $39 for Coursera to continue the course.
In conclusion, we can conclude that IBM IT Project Manager Professional Certificate is worth it based on the quality, cost and duration for Project managers. If you want to start an in-demand career as a project manager, IBM IT Project Manager Professional Certificate is a must-consider certificate. So, what are you waiting for? Secure your seat as a Project manager today and build your dream career!
You might also like:
- Google Project Management Professional Certificate
- IBM Back-End Development Professional Certificate
- IBM DevOps and Software Engineering Professional Certificate
- IBM Cybersecurity Analyst Professional Certificate