8Is the Back-end developer role on demand? Obviously, the back-end developer is a major role in the application development procedure. Reaching that height is challenging and that’s the reason you have the course module: IBM Back-End Development certificate. It is a worth-it certificate for any individual willing to pursue an on-demand and high-paid role.
In this review, you will learn about the following key points in depth:
- What is IBM Back-End Development Certificate?
- What is the cost of IBM Back-End Development Certification?
- What you will learn in the IBM Back-End Development Certification?
- What do back-end developers do?
- What are the contents covered in the IBM Back-End Development Certificate?
- Are the IBM Back-End Development Certificate exams difficult?
- What are the skills gained in the IBM Back-End Development course?
- Is the IBM Back-End Development course on Coursera worth it?
What is IBM Back-End Development Certificate?
The IBM Back-End Development certificate is a professional certificate offered by the reputed organization IBM. It is mainly designed for software developers who prefer to pursue a Back-End development framework.
Back-end developers are responsible to build the applications from the website point-of-view. For example, it includes functions related to data storage, security maintenance, and server-side functions. Moreover, it’s all about dealing with the website actions and coding the related methodologies to accomplish these tasks. They also take care of three sections namely the server, application, and database.
In this certification, you will upgrade your skills, and tools required to pursue a back-end developer certification.
You don’t require any prerequisite to join this course. All you require is a passion for learning. Throughout the certification they will mentor you on the essential languages you require to learn and walkthrough you over the projects which you can add your GitHub repository.
Another great strength of completing this certification is you gain access to IBM’s Talent Network to enroll in a high paying job opportunity based on your skills and competencies and according to Indeed, the average salary for IBM Back End Developer in the United States is approximately $119,327.
What is the cost of IBM Back-End Development Certification?
Initially, you only require to pay a subscription of $39 per month. Since the course is designed for 5 months it costs (5 x $39/per month) a sum of $195. If you are multitalented to complete it in 3 months, you can minimize the cost and pay for only 3 months summing up to $117.
The course is designed to spend 127 hours in total and 6 hours per week as an average calculation.
What if the course doesn’t fit you after you enroll? Due to this reason, you can audit the course or use the 7-day free trial to check out the course. Later on, after 7 days you can enroll in a paid plan.
What you will learn in the IBM Back-End Development Certification?
There are a couple of points to note down under the IBM Back-End Development certification.
The following are the key learning accomplished through this certification:
- Master the practical skills of the back-end developers
- Learn to develop shell scripts to backup the files present in the PC
- You will learn to write and develop back-end applications based on Object Oriented programming languages in depth
- You will learn to deploy and scale the applications using up-to-date tech tools namely Docker, Kubernetes, Microservices, and serverless functions as well
- Alongside, you will learn Django and the methodologies to brush up on your Django full-stack skills
- Learn to develop a Python application that consists of endpoints that translate between 2 languages namely English and French
- Learn to skill the continuous integration or continuous development functionality in the Software development life-cycle
What are the contents covered in the IBM Back-End Development Certificate?
There are 10 courses or contents covered in this Professional Certificate as mentioned below:
- Introduction to Software Engineering
- Hands-on Introduction to Linux Commands and Shell Scripting
- Getting Started with Git and GitHub
- Python for Data Science, AI & Development
- Python Project for AI & Application Development
- Developing Applications with SQL, Databases, and Django
- Introduction to Containers w/ Docker, Kubernetes & OpenShift
- Application Development using Microservices and Serverless
- Application Security and Monitoring
- Back-end Application Development Capstone Project
Let’s walk through each of these categories in detail.
- Introduction to Software Engineering: If you don’t have any prior experience or knowledge in programming, this section will teach you the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), Agile, and fundamentals of design, deployment, and architecture.
- Hands-on Introduction to Linux Commands and Shell Scripting: If you are not a Linux user, this section walkthroughs all the essential commands you need to know as a Back-end developer including advanced shell scripts. It also includes the commands used in Linux, MacOS, and Unix-like OS as well.
- Getting Started with Git and GitHub: Do you know to use Git effectively? Here you go with an in-depth overview of the Git platform, Git operations, and Git concepts publish your projects in Git and create your rapid-fire portfolio along the way.
- Python for Data Science, AI & Development: Python is the most essential language for data science users. In this section, you will learn the required Python basics, data structures, data collection, web scraping with APIs, and Jupyter Notebooks. Alongside, all the essential concepts related to Data Science, Data Analytics, Software Development, AI, and DevOps are covered here.
- Python Project for AI & Application Development: In this section, you will learn to apply Python, Flask, Watson APIs, and unit tests integrated into AI applications.
- Developing Applications with SQL, Databases, and Django: In this section, you will learn the fundamental database concepts, Object Oriented Programming Languages related to databases, and dive in-depth into Django. In Django applications, you get insight to persist, process, and present data effectively.
- Introduction to Containers w/ Docker, Kubernetes & OpenShift: In this course, you learn to build cloud-native applications. They use a couple of technologies including containers, container registries, Docker, OpenShift, Istio, and Kubernetes.
- Application Development using Microservices and Serverless: In this section, they would walkthrough to use of serverless programming and serverless deployment models, continuous integration and continuous delivery, and microservice integrations.
- Application Security and Monitoring: You learn to maintain a secure environment by using the concepts such as devSecOps and build secure applications. Alongside this, you learn the components in the application performance monitoring to measure the performance of the security risk-free systems.
- Back-end Application Development Capstone Project: This is the final stage of this course. Here, you will get ahold of the capstone project to apply all the knowledge gained throughout the certification.
Are the IBM Back-End Development Certificate exams difficult?
From the beginning to the end of the IBM Back-End Development certificate, you will face graded assessments, tests, quizzes, and projects as a whole. For the assessments, you need to score above the passing grade to reach the end of the journey.
At the end of the IBM Back-End Development course, you will have to face a capstone project including a 4-hour examination.
As soon as you complete all the above requirements, you will be eligible to gain the IBM certificate of completion. This certificate is very valuable as you can add it to your CV or Resume for a quick job walkthrough.
What are the skills gained in the IBM Back-End Development course?
Skills are an essential requirement for the candidates to showcase in their CV or Resume at their job recruitment stage.
The following are the key skills focused to develop under the certification of the IBM Back-End Development course:
- Database (DBMS)
- Python Programming
- Backend Development
- Basic programming concepts
- Careers in software engineering
- Programming languages and frameworks
- The Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Software Architecture
- Shell Script
- Bash (Unix Shell)
Is the IBM Back-End Development course on Coursera worth it?
If you have a dream to pursue a career as a Back-end developer, this certification is a perfect fit for you. You will learn all the essential knowledge and develop your skills to be a professional Back-end developer. The hardest part of it is to stead-fast and follow the course till the end to gain the optimum benefit. If you complete this course successfully, your job placement is guaranteed and you will get a chance to enter IBM’s Talent market as well. Moreover, this course does not require any background knowledge since they teach you all the requirements from the basics.
Alongside this, this course is 100% online. You can learn whenever you are free by allocating time from your busy schedules. The lecture recordings, reading, and assignments can be accessed online at any time at your ease of learning.
In conclusion, you learned all the information you require to know before enrolling in the IBM Back-end Development certification. At the end of this guide, you would have understood the worth and the importance of doing this certification. If you are a beginner, don’t worry about lacking the knowledge to be a Back-end developer. If you enroll in this course, you tend to learn all the requirements and join a job role with no doubt about your skills.
So, what are you waiting for? Enroll in the IBM Back-end Development certification today to pursue your dream role!