Get started in the fast-growing field of user experience (UX) design with Google UX Design Professional Certificate. Learn the foundations of UX design, including empathizing with users, building wireframes and prototypes, and conducting research to test your designs. No relevant experience required.
Google UX Design Professional Certificate
Over 7 courses, gain in-demand skills that will prepare you for an entry-level job. At under 10 hours per week, you can complete the certificate in less than 6 months.
The average salary for Google UX Design Professional Certificate $74,568 per year in the United States.
You will create designs on paper and in digital design tools like Figma and Adobe XD. By the end of the certificate program, you will have a professional UX portfolio that includes three end-to-end projects, so that you’re ready to apply for jobs. Upon completion, you can directly apply for jobs with Google and over 130 U.S. employers, including Walmart, Best Buy, and Astreya.
82% of Google Career Certificate graduates report a positive career outcome like a new job, promotion, or raise within 6 months.
This program includes over 200 hours of instruction and hundreds of practice-based activities and assessments that simulate real-world UX design scenarios and are critical for success in the workplace. The content is highly interactive and developed by Google employees with decades of experience in UX design.
Skills you’ll gain will include:
- Empathizing with users;
- Defining user pain points;
- Coming up with ideas for design solutions;
- Creating wireframes, mockups, and prototypes;
- Testing designs through usability studies;
- Iterating on designs based on feedback.
Apply for a scholarship
Google is funding over 100 thousand scholarships in the U.S. through Grow with Google partners and Google.org grantees like Merit America, Per Scholas, NPower, Goodwill, Futuro Health, Generation USA and more, so that everybody is able to further their career.
Google additionally offers apprenticeships—paid opportunities to receive job-related experience—with some apprenticeship tracks providing access to the Google Career Certificates program.
Eligibility and application
- Strong academic performance with a focus on subjects that are relevant to the apprenticeship you are applying for, at any level of your education (e.g. secondary school, high school, university, qualifications, or relevant equivalent experience).
- Ability to speak and write in English and the local language (if that is not English) fluently and idiomatically.
- Have authorization to work in the country where you are applying.
Application materials (one file required)
- An updated resumé (PDF required)
- A cover letter (PDF required)
- Responses to multiple short answer questions (PDF required) or an aptitude test for some of the programs.
- If any items are missing from your application, you will not be considered for the program.